Friday, July 16, 2010

Have you ever experienced a high school study abroad program?

I am very interested in the idea of it. I have the funds and the time, not to mention it would benefit me greatly on a college application. How was your experience?

Have you ever experienced a high school study abroad program?
I'm currently hosting my 13th foreign exchange student! I can tell you it's a fantastic experience and one that will change you forever! And yes, colleges will love it!





If you have the funds and the time, definitely go for it!





Here's a web site that will help you out a lot -- it's written by exchange students and has lots of great info! http://www.exchangestudentworld.com/





Your first step is finding a program. Make sure it is CSIET listed (www.csiet.org) and/or ask your school counselor. Reliable ones tend to be Aspect, AFS, Rotary and YFU. If you want to go next year, you must hurry! Most programs will have probably closed down applications or are about to!





Good luck!
Reply:http://www.vfp.org/





This is a great volunteer program you might find helpful.





I did a school trip abroad in high school to the UK, which led me to live there in college for 6 months. It was especially rewarding because I went alone. I definately recommend taking off, leaving everyone and everything you know behind, and trying something new, even for a little while.


No comments:

Post a Comment