Sunday, August 22, 2010

Spain or Italy, Which country is better for study abroad?

I am born from French parents in Los Angeles. I took 4 years of Spanish in high school and have a level of intermediate-advanced. While in Italian I just studied for a month on my month due to similary. My future goals is a double major in Chemistry and Spanish. So in my position should I go to Spain and be proficient in spanish or Italy to gain intermediate skills in Italian(this would make me somewhat polyglot speaking French,english,spanish, and Italian.)


My future goals is to go to med school. In september I will attend UCLA. Which country should be better for me?

Spain or Italy, Which country is better for study abroad?
If you are going to major in Spanish you should go to Spain. This way you will be able to learn the culture and study Spanish. My minor is Spanish and I am going to study abroad in Spain next fall.
Reply:I suggest you study in Spain. You will enjoy your time a lot better if you could converse with the locals. I took Spanish for four years in high school and another 2 years in college before going to Spain. I enjoyed it a lot, because I got to ask directions and get bargains while speaking in Spanish. I was also more confident and didn't really need tour guides. I also took just one year of French before going to France. But compared to my trip to Spain, I got frustrated in the end, because I couldn't really talk with the locals in French. Plus, if you will be studying in California, most likely you will use Spanish a lot more as well. So brush up on it while at Spain.

skin itching

No comments:

Post a Comment