Thursday, August 19, 2010

How?? Study Abroad Aid for High School Students?

Hello all,





I am a high school student who is eagerly trying to go for study abroad this summer or the next. Last year I was invited to go on one of my chuirches missions to Russia but I could not afford it becuase of the cost. One of my goals in life is to work the orpahnages and hospitals after collge. As of now I am fluent enough in Russia to read newspapers and to able to understand Russian Radio. I hope that my early experience in Russia will help support my goal.





Does anyone know where to find financial aid for a high school study abroad? Please help me with any advice,





Thanks a lot!

How?? Study Abroad Aid for High School Students?
One thing that might be very helpful is to right a letter letting people in your church, as well as family friends, that you are looking for sponsorship so you can spend some time studying abroad. Before you do this, you will want to find companies you can go with and an approximate cost. Also, see if there are scholarship options through the company you are hoping to go with.


If anything, if you need to get a few extra dollars (as a very last resort) some stores like Sams Club sell fundraiser packs of Candy Bars to raise a few last minute dollars!





Good luck and safe travels. Even if you can't afford to go this year, keep saving up and talking to people so that way you can maybe go the following year.
Reply:The first step is to fill out a FAFSA (Free Applications for Federal Student Aid), then students must decided on courses and receive approval. Once approved, students must provide a report of the costs to attend a school semester abroad.





Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment