Sunday, August 22, 2010

How much study abroad matters?

I am trying to go to India to study abroad this winter, and I was wondering how much it matters...


I mean I have option of going on my own or going with the program. Going on my own would totally be for recreational purposes, but studying abroad may look good on my applications....


going on my own saves money though, about $2500.

How much study abroad matters?
If you can get college credit, go with the group. Also, if you study abroad with a program that can be reserched and is known, then it looks impressive on an resume, where going alone says a lot about your character as a person, but also would appear more as a vacation.
Reply:I went as part of a group to Russia and received college credit for it which made the costs seem a little more reasonable. I think you will get more out of it by going with a group because they will have organized activities and places to go you might not know about going on your own. Not to mention the safety factor of traveling in a group vs alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment